Daniels Health has an opening for a Tax Accountant to join our Finance and Accounting team in downtown Chicago. We currently have one Tax super star in the team and require one more to help strengthen the team’s efforts and drive forward change as we continue to grow here at Daniels.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Manage and/or assist in all tax compliance (Federal, State and Local)
- Complete monthly book to tax reconciliation and corresponding journal entries
- Prepare quarterly tax estimates
- Liaise with affiliates, including Australia headquarters regarding global tax topics
- Monitor current and proposed US tax law changes
- Ensure new products and business transactions are handled in accordance with all tax compliance requirements, company standards and overall best practices
- Effectively communicate complex tax issues to a nontax audience
- Collaborate with various functions to obtain and analyze necessary tax information
- Coordinate projects with Daniels third party tax advisors
- Assist in completion of foreign reporting requirements
- Calculate sales and use tax payments
- Research miscellaneous tax issues
- Provide tax support across all levels of the Company, including but not limited to special projects and initiatives.
- Perform Nexus studies and coordinate the registration process in new states and jurisdictions.
- Oversee tax audits and notices by various taxation authorities and resolve tax related issues.
- Perform various analyses to arrive at tax efficient strategies and structures to maximize tax savings or minimize tax exposure.
Required skills to be successful in this role:
- Related degree; (e.g. Finance, Economics, Law, actuarial, mathematics, econometrics)
- Knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Proven experience with tax software
- Ability to track and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving ability
If you are looking at taking a step up in your career or are interested in an entrepreneurial, family owned and operated organization on a growth curve then this may be the opportunity for you!
From the team here at Daniels we wish you all the very best with your application.