We have a simple mission - save lives through making healthcare safer. With growth both domestically and internationally, it's time Daniels Health added an energetic People and Culture Business Partner to our fast paced and dynamic team in downtown Chicago. This new addition to our team will partner with the People & Culture department as well as the broader business on organizational development and employee relations that support the business vision, strategic plan, and operations.
Looking to grow your career? Daniels might be for you.
- Provide best practice advice on Employee Relations & Industrial Relations; Onboarding and Exit; Recruitment and Organizational Development
- Support in creating and maintaining people related administration processes and systems (e.g employment files, policies, guides etc)
- Champion and develop induction process to orientate new employees
- Actively measure exit to appropriately tackle turnover and provide meaningful retention strategies and analysis of recruitment practices.
- Mentor and guide department leaders on employee engagement strategies and retention efforts
- Ensure compliance with federal/state/local regulatory standards governing pre-employment practices
- Support other functions as required; such as talent acquisition, payroll and benefits
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a HR role and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Law, Psychology, Business or Organizational Development
- Broad knowledge and experience in recruitment, employment law, Industrial instruments, organizational development, employee relations and development
- Exhibit knowledge of hiring practices, behavioral-based interview techniques, tracking processes for applicants and open positions, and recruiting metrics
- Well-developed communications skills with the ability to relate effectively with a wide range of people, positively influencing outcomes and obtaining cooperation
- Well organized with the ability to plan work, cope with conflicting work pressures, establish appropriate priorities, and meet deadlines
- Has a sense of humor, is self-confident and a highly energetic, creative thinker
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Has a high skill level in customer service and teamwork
- Excellent level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, and Outlook)