We have a simple mission - save lives through making healthcare safer. With rapid international growth, it's time Daniels Health added a Mechanical Engineer to our fast paced and dynamic team based in Dandenong South. The Mechanical Engineer’s main focus will be supporting the Engineering and Production team with design and development of mechanical equipment and components for our Daniels Health WashSmart machines. This role will also be responsible for supporting the team with Engineering document preparation and maintenance.
- Displaying initiative and providing support to the Engineering & Production team with the design, development and drafting of equipment (new and pre-existing) and mechanical components associated with Daniels Health businesses globally
- Working to deadlines and delivering on expectations
- Testing equipment and parts with minimal errors reported
- Successfully developing prototypes with feedback from the team
- Providing the team with analysis of mechanical systems including physical and simulated testing methods
- Participate and lead Advanced Product Quality Planning activities
- Supporting the team with checking and updating drawings packs for current machine designs
- Updating Engineering design change requests including drawings and parts into the system
- Document and file structure maintenance, displaying attention to detail
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with AS1100
- Research and analyse design briefs, supplier specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Confer with the production team to implement operating procedures, resolve reliability or quality issues, and provide technical information
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar Mechanical Engineering role.
- Able to analyse processes and technical information.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and a creative mindset.
- Practical – hands on with strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in CAD (Including 2D drawings, 3D solid and sheet metal modelling, configurations, BOMs, etc.) or similar.
- Experience producing technical drawings to AS1100.
- Experience with tolerances (basic and geometric).
- Excellent personal and communication skills.
- Naturally skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel internationally where required.