The RMW Lead Operator has broad based production process skills in all areas of the operations plant. Strong communication skills are required. Sound leadership skills are demonstrated by strong knowledge of all equipment and showing by example how tasks should be completed. They are accountable for informing the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager when production problems occur beyond their knowledge. All work instructions will be followed to insure the best possible quality products will be processed. The individual will perform all duties in a safe and productive manner.
The RMW Lead reports directly to the Assistant Plant Manager, Supervisor or Plant Manager.
- Experience in running and training other employee on equipment including: the Fork Lift, Autoclave, Weigh Bridge, Tippers Shredder, Compactor, Pressure Washer, boiler start up and shut down, and air compressor.
- Ensure and oversee accurate weight and check in of all customer waste related to proper manifest, waste type, proper tare selection, and identify overweight containers.
- Proper waste disposal making sure sharps are shredded and proper loading of the open top 40 yard containing ensuring maximum pounds of waste, but not over filling.
- Ability to assist in other areas of the plant as needed. This may include Washsmart, Container repair, Device Mining, and other miscellaneous tasks as requested
- All duties to load and unload Daniels trailer. Shuttle to the warehouse, transfer station, out of state incineration, and other supplies as needed.
- Support efficient and safe unloading of all Gate waste customers.
- Knowledge to help fill customer orders if needed and move company trucks to the docks
- Check with all employees when starting a new shift to make sure they have all the tools and direction to do their job at the start of shift.
- May assist in training new employees or employees being cross trained.
- Lead and give direction to others when needed to produce the expected level of productivity and Quality
- Main contact for Plant Managers: communicate key issues in writing, voicemail and directly.
- Monitor employee hours as required: shifts breaks and end of shift log out.
- Document and leave samples of issues or questions on products/services.
- Ensure all staff are compliant in daily safety measures, including wearing personal PPE.
- General housekeeping issues addressed immediately: i.e. spills are cleaned up, the floor is kept dry and clear of debris, etc.
- Helps manager with employee evaluations by giving feedback on an individual’s performance during the shift.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience working in production/process environment
- Fork lift experience and certification
- Mechanical background preferred, boilers and autoclaves preferred
- Good attendance history including days missed and tardy record
- Respectable work references
- Honest & reliable
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Can-do positive attitude
- Ability to work weekends, holidays or flex hours as needed by production demands
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations preferred
- Occasionally working in confined spaces
- Extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 300 pounds
- Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds
- Standing for extended periods of time