Daniels Health sets out to welcome a new M&A Specialist to join our USA Finance team as a member of our Global M&A group, located in Chicago. Reporting to the Group CFO in Australia, this position will be a key role supporting acquisition and merger activities for each of the Daniels entities across Canada, USA and UK.
Responsibilities will include strategic review of opportunity fit, financial reviews, synergy estimation, FP&A planning, identification of targets, terms negotiation, due diligence and integration planning for the company.
The role will also entail responsibility for researching, reviewing and making recommendations as to the potential opportunities, returns and risks of acquisitions, as well as providing analytical and reporting support to the CFO and local management on these investments and acquisitions post acquisition.
- Analyze industry prospects by gathering information about growth, competitors, and market share
- Review acquisition and investment company fundamentals and financial statements.
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the CFO and local management.
- Working with the local management teams on integration.
- Implementing agreed investment strategy.
- Assisting in the drafting of acquisition and investment documents and checking these documents to ensure quality control and meet agreed commercial expectations.
- Report problems, coordinate solutions and ensure an acquisition and its process complies with applicable laws and procedures.
- Monitoring the asset exposure to ensure adherence with acquisition strategy and provide recommendation to adjust as necessary.
- Ad hoc project work as required.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary - High achievement in a relevant academic field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Law, actuarial, mathematics, econometrics). Minimum of 2-4 years' experience and proven results and competency in a similar role.
- Highly regarded however not required, post graduate qualifications (CPA, CFA, CMA or similar).
- Effective stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work autonomously and make decisions as required.
- Have a high level of analytical skills.